Tift Regional Medical Center
The MT performs a variety of medium and high complexity laboratory tests and procedures to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease and performs related duties, following established standards and practices. No direct supervision is required for specimen processing, test performance or result reporting. Supervisory or section lead review is not required to report patient test results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
1. Adheres to the policy for proper identification of patients and patient samples.
2. Using proper laboratory technique, processes specimens for testing.
3. Using proper laboratory technique performs testing and results specimens in a timely manner adhering to required TATs.
4. Troubleshoot abnormal findings/results prior to release as necessary to ensure accuracy.
5. Document all issues including the RB&V of critical values.
6. Day to day instrument and equipment maintenance as necessary.
7. Perform, record, and interpret quality control.
8. Participate in the orientation and training of new employees in the department.
9. Understands and adheres to TRHS' compliance standards as they appear in TRHS's Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
10. Keeps abreast of all pertinent federal, state and TRHS' regulations, laws and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
11. Ensures that the staff are trained and evaluated on their knowledge of and adherence to compliance policies and procedures specific to their jobs.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Certified Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Scientist.
Credential Required: Nationally recognized certification such as ASCP, HHS, or AMT.
Primary Source Verification: Current certification document/card
Requires walking, sitting, standing, lifting, pushing and pulling.
Possible exposure to communicable disease, radiation or hazardous materials.