Tift Regional Medical Center
The Wellness and Disease Management Director is responsible for the administration, development, training, and evaluation of strategies to promote health and wellness system wide. Responsibilities include implementing policies and procedures relating to Tift Regional Health System's wellness and disease management programs and activities designed to improve employee health and well-being. Facilitates changes to programs that are flexible with the needs of employees. Responsible for overseeing the employee annual health assessment and new employee health assessments, tracking and follow up of employee immunization status. Directs an employee health nurse who assists in providing skills, education and resources to employees for improving their health.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Implementation of policies relating to Wellness and Disease Management program.
2. Identify short term programs for employee participation that motivates and encourages employee wellness.
3. Coordinates the overall activities of employee health assessment and planning.
4. Coordinates the overall activities of the employee wellness and disease management programs.
5. Develops and maintains a strong service line enhancing the quality of life for TRHS employees and their dependents.
6. Oversees and leads the hospital vaccination program.
7. Exercises full management responsibility for the operation of the department.
8. Involvement with worker's comp accident and investigation team.
9. Oversees outreach program to employees who are identified as being eligible for Disease management.
Registered Nurse with three years' clinical experience. Triage and or occupational health experience preferred.
Ability to communicate intelligently and in a professional manner. Cognizant of prevention, wellness and employee disease health issues.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Exercise Physiology, Nutrition or Health Promotion preferred.
Frequent walking, sitting.
Occasional night shift required.